Sunday, March 11, 2012

Eighty Something and Sunny (Original Post Date: May 25, 2010

I simply couldn't let another 80 something degree day go to by the wayside. I woke up around 8am and immediately decided fishing took precedents today over a run. I grabbed my fly gear and threw it in the back of the CR-V (the spin casting setup was already there from last night). After picking up a couple new lures from the store I headed out for Allegany State Park.

Since I’ve been to State Park more times than I can remember I decided today would be strictly devoted to fishing Red House Area. My first stop was the stream on the downside of the dam. I tied on a Kinzua Hares Ear, threw on my vest and glasses and waded into the stream barefoot. The water was cool but not cold. After fishing the area for about 45 minutes with no luck I decided it was time to move on.

My next stop was the dock in front of the Administration Building. I switched things up and went for my spin casting real with a medium sized Jitterbug. The second cast in I hooked a large mouth. It was only about 4-5” in length and not nearly anything worth keeping. I landed him, snapped a quick shot then tossed him back. I spent the next 30 minutes seeing little more then some fighting CanadianGeese.

After another couple unsuccessful stops, first on the dock by the boat house and then at a small stream along ASP 2, I decided to call it a day. I packed all the gear in the back of the Honda and headed over Thunder Rocks Road pleasantly satisfied with my morning of fishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment