Sunday, March 11, 2012

East Side of the State (Original Post Date: August 1, 2010)



When I began this blog the purpose was to chronicle my fishing while I was pursuing employment. With this task in mind I began my trip eastward. My destination was Albany and my purpose was two fold: First, I had several interviews in the area; Second, (and more importantly) to do some fishing in a region of the state I've never fished before.

After arriving in Albany Josh, Billy and I headed out to a secluded pond in the Partridge Run Wildlife Management Area in the town of Berne (see picture above). The hike to the pond was some of the nicest I've ever been on in New York State. While the pond was small with no visible inlet or outlet the fishing was challenging but doable. Neither Josh nor I managed to catch anything but Billy landed a chain pickerel.



Our next stop for the day was Fawn Lake. The sun was high and the fishing was done for the day so we gave up and just relaxed by the water.



Two days later we headed out fishing again. This time, just Billy and I with our fly gear. We changed our location up and gave the Tibbetts State Forest. The forest was incredible and hte fishing difficult. Upon arriving a DEC Officer pulled up and gave us countless advice on the fishing and hiking in the area. We then hit the stream. Everything in the area was native and subsequently small. Billy caught a couple Brown trout and I missed several my self.

While the trip was disappointing from a fishing stands point it was profitable from a professional perspective. Through one of the interviews I gained employment. Consequently, with the completion of this post the purpose of my blog will change. I will shift to solely chronicling my fishing pursuits across the state.

No comments:

Post a Comment