Sunday, March 11, 2012

No Luck on the Fly (Original Post Day: June 19, 2010)




The weather report said 70% chance of rain but the sky said sunny and no clouds in sight. I gathered up my gear and headed out to the Ischua Creek. I picked a spot just off Farwell Road and Rt. 16 just between Ischua and Hinsdale. The creek was warm and clear. Having had rain for most of the past week it was a little high and slightly faster than desired.

I started working my way down stream stopping at a couple very nice holes. After a little while of no luck I hit a good hole and just missed one on a dry fly.

I decided to then move on to Hardwood lake. Yet the weatherman had finally caught up to me. As I drove closer the sky began to darken. After my first cast it open up and poured on me. The rain came hard and fast and I scrambled back to the car. The day was done and the bad weather had come. In the end any day out fishing, even without making a catch, is a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment